Skip to main content


Credit Transfer From Another School

Transcripts of work completed at other accredited colleges may be submitted to the Director of Education. Transcripts should be submitted before or during the first term of a student's program. Other documentation may also be required. Credits considered for transfer are evaluated to determine if the course work is similar in nature, content and level to that required in our program. 

If the course work is comparable, transfer students may be given credit for courses completed at other accredited colleges provided that the grades received for the courses were "C" or better. Courses completed at other Vet Tech Institutes will be treated the same as courses taken at your campus.  

Because our program is specifically tailored to career preparation, course credits from other post-secondary schools may not be transferable. Note that some courses in our program include the demonstration of required competencies to meet CVTEA accreditation requirements. Transfer credit is typically not awarded for these courses. Specific questions about transfer credit should be addressed to the Director of Education.  

Credit is not granted for advanced placement or experential learning except for military training that has been evaluated and recommended for credit by the American Council on Education (ACE). Vet Tech Institute may award credit based on these recommendations when the credit is for courses similar in nature, content, and level to that required by Vet Tech Institute. Students seeking credit for military training should provide a transcript from the American Council on Education for evaluation. Credit will be treated as transfer credit and will count toward graduation.  






Credit Transfer To Another School 

The acceptance of credit is always at the discretion of the institution to which a student is attempting to transfer credits. Because our program is designed specifically for career preparation, students must assume that credits for our courses are not transferable to other institutions. We cannot represent that another institution will accept any courses for credit.  

A student who is interested in attempting to transfer credits to another institution should contact the Director of Education. We will supply the necessary documentation that may aid the student in receiving credits for the completed course work provided that the student does not owe the school money, is not delinquent or in default on a student loan, or does not owe a refund on any federal or state student financial aid program.  



Disability Support Services

Vet Tech Institute is committed to providing equal access to the school's academic programs and services to qualified individuals with disabilities through reasonable accomodation.  Students who believe they are in need of accomodations should contact the designated Section 504 coordinator, who is the Director of Education identified in the Administration, Faculty, and Staff section of the catalog, at 125 Seventh Street, Pittsburgh, PA  15222 or 412-391-7021.  The student should provide the designated Section 504 coordinator with a current comprehensive evaluation of a specific disability from a qualified diagnostician that identifies the type of disability and lists recommended accomodations.  All documentation will be reviewed by the designated Section 504 coordinator in a timely manner, and appropriate reasonable accomodations will be provided based on the individual student's needs.   If you are interested in veterinary technology, please see the Essential Functions in the AVTE Disabilities Task Force Report.   



Please select a date and time to schedule your visit.